Monday, July 21, 2014

A day in Seattle

On one of our days here in Gig Harbor, some of us took the ferry over to Seattle.
Actually we had to take two ferries, one from Port Orchard and then run over to the one in Bremerton that would take us to Seattle.



We stopped at Ye Olde Curiosity Shop to see the mummies when we got off the ferry in Seattle.  The shop has been in business since 1899. It was quite a sight to see.











I really only saw the Pike Place Market so I will definitely have to go back to Seattle for another visit. The farmers market is not just a market, it is a destination.

The market was opened in 1907 and covers an area of 9 acres of which now is a historic district with a farmers market, craft market, seafood market and restaurants.  It also houses 350 low income senior residents.

Besides the food and crafts, you can hear and see performers all along the streets and in the market.  They are called buskers.

More than 80 farmers sell at the market. The video below is from YouTube.





 In the fish market section, I still can not believe the size of the shrimp and crab legs!



I tried to take a picture of the vendors throwing the fish to the patrons but could not get a good shot.


I got this video from YouTube since I forgot to video it myself.



I loved that you can cross anyway.


One section of the market had these light fixtures. How cool!!!!!


 No you are not seeing sideways, The light fixture is really hanging like this.

Had to go to the original Starbucks that is across from the market even though I do not like Starbucks coffee.  See the line to get in......



Lyn getting her Starbucks fix.

 Yes, I found a yarn shop!


 This lady made the most amazing umbrellas. I guess you need them in Seattle.


It was a great day!



No comments: