Tuesday, September 03, 2013

Rain, Rain Go Away

Monday....
I was suppose to go kayaking today because tomorrow I move to a campground and hour away to attend "Fiber College".  I know the chance will come up again but I was really looking forward to going.  It was raining when I woke up and has been raining all day. I have put off laundry for another day and the part I hate, I may not be able to go get the best pizza I have ever had. I know I won't melt but I can't see me wearing my camo outfit and that is the only thing I have to go out in this heavy rain.

I did decide to make popcorn though.  My friend Collin had shown me how to make popcorn on the stove rather than use the microwave. I think that I must have put too much popcorn in the skillet because I had popcorn all over the kitchen cabinets, sofa, floor and even in the driver area!  It looked like I had been in a popcorn fight and lost.

Today...
I said goodbye to the lovely people I met at Forest Ridge Campground and arrived at Searsport Shores Ocean Campground in Searsport, Maine, to attend Fiber College. I had decided to come a couple of days early so I could relax before the hectic fiber time began.  The only way I can describe this place is with pictures.  My campsite is right on the shores of the Atlantic.... What a view!

Miss Kitty in her spot.




The Office

Art everywhere!


Behind this screen is a garden.  Guest can pick any of the vegetables they want!



These flowers are used in dying yarn and are off limit to guest.

Heading to the Art Studio in the background!

Inside the studio on the first floor.

Chainmail shirt made by one of the fiber artist that was there.

Chainmail dress.

The loft area has a beautiful loom.

This fabric house is for one of the residence artists and is on one end of the loft.


Inside the fabric house.


This is another visiting artist residence.

Inside the cabin.

Sites along the way on my way back to Miss Kitty from my tour of the campground:
Canoes for rent.

Cabin for rent.




What you see as you leave campground:

 I had to run out to get ingredients for the potluck dinner tonight. Steve, one of the owners of the campground will be on The Cooking Channel show "Man, Fire, Food" tonight, so everyone is invited to bring a dish and come watch the show in the Rec Room.  The show was filmed in May at the campground's Lobster Fest and is just now airing. We were told that it took 12 hours to film and the show was only 12 minutes long. One of the campground workers was feeding the fire and making it as large as seen in the show but he himself was not featured.  

A lady asked to see Miss Kitty and she has been all over the campground telling people about her.  I was even asked by the owner if I would be willing to let people see her for the "show 'n tell" part of Fiber College. I am not sure about that, there are 100's of people here.  I will have to come up with something different.

Just think.... this is only the beginning of this fantastic week.






1 comment:

TravelingLongdogs said...

Sounds like another great adventure looms ahead. You sure are having one wonderful time after another. I'm so glad for you.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Colleen Phipps (longdog2)
Traveling with The Longdogs
http://travelinglongdogs.blogspot.com/