Friday, September 21, 2012

Sans Souci

Sans Souci is a French term meaning "without care", in other terms, "no worries".  I was cleaning out a drawer in the filing cabinet and ran across the pile of RV books that I had purchased when I was dreaming years ago and this rub on that I had purchased to put in my dream  RV.  Now it is going into the real RV box, it will finally be used.  The RV books were published around 1995.  I am going to glance through them but they would be very out of date.

Here is the first load of books that I am taking to the used book store to sell.  When I start on my craft books and cookbooks, there will be a lot more.  My daughter is trying to figure out the best way to get rid of the knitting, weaving, embroidery, etc books and magazines.  I will need help with getting rid of them.  Most of my Troupe L'oeil  and floorcloth books are not in this group.  Don't have the strength just yet, it has taken me years to collect them.

I know how much weight is a problem in an RV.  In all my years of driving all over the country and living in hotels, I know what is important to me.  I would rather have my crafts than food or clothes.  I will have my RV weighted after it is packed but if I have to get rid of anything it will be clothes and shoes  which I won't be bringing much of anyway.  I am leaving all my precious  craft books and sewing patterns, fabric and yarn  behind, that is roughing it to me.


No comments: