Monday, December 26, 2011

What a Christmas Month, let me tell you......

All I can say about the month of December is WOW!!!!!!

I had been working 12 hours days in Chicago for the months of October and November which did not make me have the Christmas spirit. I came home on December 1 and had time to throw things in the suitcase to leave that evening to meet my daughter and son-in-law to start our holiday vacation.

We got to Cape Canaveral, Florida, on the 3rd and watched the Disney Magic sail out. My daughter and I wanted my son-in-law, Bryan, to see the ship so he would have something to compare the Disney Dream with the next day. After a nice dinner at a place my friend, Sue, and I had found on our trip to the area in September, if was off to bed and dreams of our adventure to come. We had friends to meet up with, food to eat, Konk Koolers to drink and just a great time. I was sorry that my son could not make it but there is always next year.

This is my Bryan watching the carry-on bags in the cruise terminal while we ran around. What a good sport.


The atrium of the Disney Fantasy was all decked out for the holidays very tastefully. I was so happy that it was not over done.

Once we had lunch, we went down to decorate our door for the holidays, put up our FE holder in anticipation of some good gifts. We were not disappointed this time. Everyone but one person, went all out. My son-in-law made the fireplace, my daughter made the wreath, and I made the FE holder. Now we have to work on ideas to decorate the doors for my daughter, TeAntae's birthday cruise in April on the Disney Fantasy. What we want is to decorate all the doors in our group to look like they are a continuation of the same theme. I will have to let you know know later how that is coming along.

There was one other door that we fell in love with that was simple but very cute.


That evening, we were very pleased about our room stewards towel animal skills and knew that we had a winner.

One of our favorite stops on any Disney cruise is their private island, Castaway Key. It was nice to share this island with our friends that had come along on this trip. I think they enjoyed it as much as we do.Here is Jody and I waiting for our Konk Kooler order while everyone else went bike riding. We know where the fun is.

There was a gentleman in our Disboard group that makes these animals out of a nut and pipe cleaners. Dudley the DeerNut turned into our group mascot. Pictures were taken of him all over the ship and the island.


Disney's snowmen with a sunburn.

The cruise was fun but too short. Can't wait until the next one.

The first part of my Christmas holiday was over but there was more to come.

No comments: