Sunday, September 05, 2010

SEAWEED SHAWL

I am in the KAL that is being put on by Wolle's Yarn Creations. This started out as a mystery shawl but I am so far behind that the last clue has come in. As you can see, lots of drop stitches.

Now that I have finished the first part and started on the center, you have to weight your ball and take that amount off of the second skein. Then you knit from the second skein, in this way you should end up with a mirror of the first half. The left over yarn is to be used for the edging.

I decided to call my shawl Seaweed instead of the the title given by the designer Christiane Burkhard. The original name is Ocean Serenade. I thought that the color I choice for my shawl looked more like the bottom of the ocean.
This is the finished shawl. At least that is what I am aiming for.

1 comment:

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I love shawls and this one should go at the top of my list to knit next. Oh where can I find the time. Yours is lovely in the green, btw. Happy knitting.