Sunday, December 09, 2007

Proud Mom and 1st Sweater

So much has been going on these last few weeks. I finally finished my first sweater and wore it to my son's graduation. I am in the process of unraveling the cuff of the sweater to make it longer. Otherwise, I am quite pleased with my first attempt. The pattern is from Green Mountain Spinnery and is worked in the round with cables on the sleeve. The yarn is from The Yarn Cafe, http://www.yarn-cafe.com/store.cfm in Minnesota by Mooncake and is called Tranquility. This yarn is so soft that makes the knitting a joy. I will certainly make something else with it.










On December 8, 2007 my son got his Bachelor of Science degree with honors. It amazes me that I sent him to school and he would rather party. He goes on his own and look what happens!!!

The first picture is my son, Roger, and my daughter, TeAntae. The next one is Roger, of course. It is hard to see in the picture but he has crimson and white tassels; gold and a white stoles. The white tassel and stole shows that he is in the Information Technology honor society, the gold stole signifies that he had a 3.8-4.0 grade point average.....
and then I had to show you part of the commencement program. The important part.....


No comments: