Saturday, May 26, 2007

A "Spirited" Trip to the Cinque Terre

"Have to make this fast because the internet is $1.00 for 10 minutes and 10 cents a minute.

Coming down from Rome, we stopped at a hill town. It was fantastic. We had a marvelous lunch.

Our guide brought wine (comment from daughter: Let's keep score shall we. That's 1.) for us and so on the way here, we were drinking wine and the bus driver was playing disco songs. Someone said that we needed a disco ball so he started blinking the interior lights in time with the music. Our guide had arranged for a meal by this lady that only opens for groups. It was amazing! I now have recipes for the two of you. She started with a pesto demonstration and then passed out samples. Her husband served us wine (comment from daughter: That's 2.) while we watched. Then the first course came which was a pesto lasagna (I have the recipe). It was amazing. Next came the main course. I chose the ham (TeAntae I do not know how to spell it. Prociuttto or something) or sword fish. (comment from daughter: She had Prosciutto.) I said that I wanted the ham which was delicious. The owner came around with seconds and put the sword fish that had a puttanesca sauce on it on my plate. I liked it. We also got salad that was very different but good. It was the birthday of one of the persons on the trip so we had cake that had some kind of a liqueur (comment from daughter: That's 3) crust on top. Then we were given some local wine (comment from daughter: That's 4) that was 18% alcohol. I think I will sleep well tonight. (comment from daughter: NO KIDDING! LOL)

Tomorrow, I am going to take the local train to the last town in Cinque Terre, Riomaggiore, then walk to the next town up, Manarola, because it is suppose to be an easy 30 minute walk, then take the train to, Vernazza which is the town under where I am staying, Monterosso.

Dropped my laundry off at the laundromat, she will wash and drop off at the hotel tonight for 12 Euro. Saved me doing it and I can get an early start in the morning.

I will not write tomorrow.

Love Mom"

Reading this, my eyebrows keep going up and up. I have a very low tolerance for alcohol and mom's even worse! All I could picture was disco dancing on the bus and there would be my mom, leading everyone in the "Bus Stop"!

No comments: